This is dedicated to my friend Katie who loves salmon! I made this in Newcastle where salmon is relatively cheap, just before exams for some brain food. serves 2
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
Handful of chives, finely chopped
250 g cream cheese
2 tablespoons of milk
2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 fillets of pink salmon
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Salt and pepper
1. Boil the potato with salt
2. In a bowl mix half the chives, half the cream cheese and all the garlic
3. Spread this over the top of the salmon fillets and place in a preheated oven, at medium temperature (about 200 degrees centigrade. Roast in oven for 10-15 minutes or until you can see the salmon has turned a lighter pink colour
4. When the potato has boiled, drain the water and mashed well. Add the milk and seasoning.
5. To tie in the flavours add the rest of the chives and cream cheese to the mashed potato
6. Serve the salmon and mash together for some wonderfully comforting brain food!